Monthly lottery open to current Railfuture members only
Any member, whether individual, joint or organisation can take part in the Railfuture monthly lottery. However, 'subscribers' and 'supporters' are not members of the company, and therefore cannot take part.
Why not join the Railfuture Lottery - you can help us raise funds and win cash prizes yourself.
Currently, there are six prizes every month, with a top prize of £40. Half of the entry money raised is returned to members in prizes, while the remaining funds are used for campaigning to help us to fight for a rail future. (Profit from the lottery are not used for general administration.)
Each entry costs just £1 per month, and you can have as many entries as you wish.
You can pay via PayPal using the form below, or you can request a Standing Order form or send a cheque, made payable to Railfuture Lottery, to:
Railfuture Lottery, 13 Stories Park, East Linton, East Lothian EH40 3BN.
If paying by PayPal you have two options:
- Use 'Buy Now' button - to make a one-off payment for a year's worth of entries (like using a cheque)
- Use 'Subscribe' button to set-up a regular payment, which will continue from one year to the next and you must cancel the payment (like a standing order). This optional will also allow you to pay monthly (3+ entries). To cancel a regular PayPal payment see below.
Please read the full Terms & Conditions before entering the Railfuture Members' Lottery.
The yellow PayPal button will take you to the PayPal page where you can safely make your payment either using an existing PayPal account or your credit/debit card.
How to cancel a recurring PayPal payment
PayPal uses the term 'regular payment'. The following has been taken from its website in January 2013 - visit www.paypal.com for full infromation.
If the regular payment is made from your PayPal account (not a credit or debit card):
- Log in to your PayPal account
- Click Profile near the top of the page
- Click My money
Update in the My preapproved payments section
- Click Cancel, Cancel automatic billing, or Cancel subscription and follow the instructions.
If the regular payment is made from your credit or debit card then contact Railfuture, preferably by e-mail to , giving your name and address. As a reputable organisation Railfuture will perform the cancellation as soon as possible but please allow a few days for the e-mail to be actioned. However, as a last resort you may contact PayPal Customer Service by phone by visiting the PayPal website, clicking Contact Us at the bottom of any page, and click Call Us, then click Continue for the Customer Service phone number.