Railfuture operates two different ways of generating additional income to help its funding.
The Monthly Lottery is exclusively for members, and can be joined by mail or online. The Annual Draw is open to members,
supporters and the general public. Both are described on this page
MONTHLY LOTTERY - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- To comply with the rules of the UK Gambling Commission, the lottery is only open to fully-paid up members
of Railfuture. Individuals with 'supporter' status are not eligible. In the case of
joint memberships the first-named person is deemed to be the member of the lottery.
- The member will enter the lottery at the first draw after payment is processed
and remain in the lottery for each consecutive monthly draw until the period
covered by their payment has expired or they cease to be a member of Railfuture,
whichever is the earlier. Their entry will not be placed in the draw if their
membership renewal date has passed.
- A person ceases to be a member of Railfuture after their membership has lapsed
(which is normally six months after their renewal date); or if written notice
of their death or resignation is received; or if they are expelled from Railfuture.
- It is your responsibility to cancel your standing order or PayPal subscription (if you
chose the regular payment option).
- Refunds are at the discretion of the Board of Directors and will only be
considered if a written request is received. Such requests should be sent to
the Lottery Organiser by writing to Railfuture Lottery, 24 Chedworth Place,
Tattingstone, Suffolk IP9 2ND.
- There is no limit to the number of entries a member may have in the draw.
- Prizes are allocated based on a total equal to half the number of valid entries
each month. The number of prizes will vary depending on the number of valid
entries, but will not fall below three. First prize will be equal or greater
than 33% of the valid entries. Prize winners are the top values of a computer-generated
random number allocated to each valid entry at the time of each draw.
- New members will receive a welcome letter detailing their allocated number(s)
for the draw. Renewal payments will only be acknowledged when requested.
- Renewal reminders will be sent to entrants immediately after the last draw
in which they had valid entries.
- Railfuture aims to send prize payments within one month of the draw taking
place. A list of winners will be published in Railwatch. If payment has not
been received by this time please contact the Lottery Organiser (see address above).
- In case of any complaint, please write, in the first instance, to the Lottery
Organiser. As a last resort, if you feel your complaint is unresolved, please contact
the Financial Director at the company's registered office: Railfuture, Edinburgh House, 1-5 Bellevue Road, Clevedon, North Somerset BS21 7NP.
- We use the personal information you give us for internal administration
purposes including maintaining a membership database, sending you Railwatch
through the postal system and notifying you of Railfuture activities. The information
may also be passed to your local branch to enable them to contact you about
local issues and send you details of branch activities. No information is passed
to any person or organisation outside Railfuture without your specific permission.
If you wish to place any further restrictions on the use of your personal information
please contact Membership Renewals (email@example.com), 24 Chedworth Place,
Tattingstone, Suffolk IP9 2ND.
ANNUAL DRAW - INFORMATION
- The Annual Draw is operated independently of the Monthly Lottery, and is held once a year. It is
registered with Babergh District Council, which is the local authority for the registered address. Our
licence number is SL0104 and can be viewed here.
- Participation is open to the general public.
- Draw tickets are issued each year, normally in the spring, and are included with the Railwatch
disptached to members after they become available.
- Railfuture is aware that not all members wish to receive Annual Draw tickets but
unfortunately its mail dipatchers are unable to omit tickets for individuals.
- Annual Draw tickets can be bought at Railfuture events or by post from the administrator.
- The draw normally takes place in public at Railfuture's Autumn Conference - see
Conferences page for details of the event. However, in exceptional
circumstances it will take place at another Railfuture public event. The date and location
of the drawing event is on the ticket.
- The address to which completed tickets and money should be sent are explained on the draw
- All tickets must be returned in advance of the draw by the date specified on the ticket to be
guaranteed of being included. Any tickets that arrive after that date may be too late to enter the draw
and, if so, will be treated as a donation.
- The annual draw is promoted and administered by Chris Bates, 12 Valley View, Great Bourton,
Banbury, OX17 1QJ. Tel: 07803 902030.
Both the Railfuture Monthly Lottery and Annual Draw run on behalf of the:
Railfuture is the campaigning name of Railfuture Ltd.
A not-for-profit Company Limited by Guarantee.
Registered in England and Wales No. 05011634.
Registered Office: Edinburgh House, 1-5 Bellevue Road, Clevedon, North Somerset BS21 7NP (for legal correspondence only).
All other correspondence to 24 Chedworth Place, Tattingstone, Suffolk IP9 2ND