The 2008 national Rail Users' Conference was held this year in Salisbury, Wiltshire, on Saturday 5 July 2008.
The Mayor of Old Sarum (Salisbury) Cllr Mrs Iris Evans opened the conference, which was held in the Banqueting Hall at the Guildhall,
The speakers included:
- Hampshire County Council's Peter Murnaghan
- Former BR manager and writer on rail matters, Peter Rayner You can download a Rayner's Routes 116kb Word format
- Stakeholder Relations Manager, South West Trains, Philip Dominey
- Railfuture's Media Spokesman, Bruce Williamson, on Using the Media
- Graham Ellis on Trans Wilts. For more info click Trans Wilts 16kb HTML format
- Campaigners from Severnside
- Wessex. For their action plan click Wessex 200kb Powerpoint format
- Devon & Cornwall. For their action plan click Devon and Cornwall 416kb Powerpoint format
- Thames Valley.