AreaThe Lincolnshire Branch covers Lincolnshire, North Lincolnshire, North East Lincolnshire and services on the East Coast Main Line from Retford, Newark Northgate and Grantham.
Campaigns nowWe are currently campaigning for:
- Hourly trains Lincoln–Grimsby and Lincoln–Doncaster
- Services Lincoln–Peterborough before 08.00 and after 18.00.
- Improved Sunday services on all routes.
- Restoration of regular freight services and seven days a week passenger services on the Brigg Line (Gainsborough to Barnetby).
- A station for Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield airport at Finningley
Campaigns futureIn the longer term we wish to see:
- New or reopened stations to serve Cherry Willingham/Fiskerton, Washingborough/Heighington, Donington, Pinchbeck and the Deepings.
- A feasibility study carried out into a possible ‘Park and Ride’ site at Hykeham station.
- Major housing developments being planned where rail transport is already available or where stations could be constructed.
- The safeguarding of disused railway land for future rail purposes, especially where freight transfer sidings could be sited.
Railfuture Lincolnshire magazineLincolnshire Branch members receive three copies a year of our local magazine, Rail Lincs, which keeps you up to date with local rail news and issues.
Rail Lincs Issue 60, June 2011 pdf 219kb
Rail Lincs Issue 61, October 2011 pdf 331kb
Rail Lincs Issue 62, February 2012 pdf 284kb
Rail Lincs Issue 63, June 2012 pdf 294kb
Rail Lincs Issue 64, October 2012 pdf 4.5mb
Rail Lincs Issue 65, February 2013 pdf 190kb
Rail Lincs Issue 66, June 2013 pdf 497kb
Rail Lincs Issue 67, October 2013 pdf 299kb
Rail Lincs Issue 68, February 2014 pdf 5.98mb
MediaThe chairman of Railfuture Lincolnshire is: David Harby 6 Carral Close, Lincoln, LN5 9BD. Tel: 01522 874513
For urgent media enquiries only, please contact david.harby at railfuture.org.uk tel: 07913 884815 or phil.mason at railfuture.org.uk tel: 01476 405959
Events and key dates for rail campaigners
Lincolnshire rail user groupsRail user groups in Lincolnshire are shown on Railfuture's Regional List of Rail User Groups. The Regional List can be downloaded in PDF format here.
Please email david.harby at railfuture.org.uk if you have any questions or comments about issues in the Lincolnshire area.
Railfuture - The independent campaign for a better passenger and freight rail network
We need you - Join us!
Please go to the Join page to become a member of Railfuture.
Railfuture is the campaigning name for the Railway Development Society Ltd, a company limited by guarantee. Registered in England and Wales No 5011634. Registered office: 24 Chedworth Place, Tattingstone, Suffolk IP9 2ND.