Railfuture holds two national conferences each year, usually in the summer and autumn (in addition to its AGM for members). We aim only to cover our costs. The conferences are competitively priced, to be within rail users' price range, and are open to everyone. Railfuture members are usually offered a chance to attend at a discounted rate.
Speakers come from a variety of backgrounds. Some of the organisations who have spoken at conferences include Arriva Cross Country, Arriva Trains Wales, Association of Train Operating Companies, Cardiff International Airport, Centro, Chester-le-Track, Chiltern Railways, Delta Rail, East Midlands Trains, East West Rail Consortium, East Coast, Eurostar, First Capital Connect, First Great Western, First Transpennine Express, Grand Central, Great Western Railway, Hitachi Rail Europe, HS2, London Midland, London Overground Railway Operations, Merseytravel, MyTestTrack.com, Network Rail, Northern Rail, Nottingham Express Transit, Parry People Movers, South West Trains, TramPower, Transport Salaried Staffs' Association, Virgin Trains and Virgin Trains East Coast.
Click HERE to see a list events and speakers for each organisation.
To follow Railfuture's conferences on Twitter use the '#rfconference' hash-tag.
Note: this hash-tag is not exclusive to Railfuture.
Did you attend the Bristol conference on 07/11/2015?
What did you think of it? Please click [HERE] to complete the feedback form.
Feedback can be entered up to 30/11/2015.
2016/Milton Keynes (AGM) [link]
- 21/05/2016 RDS Ltd AGM
- Hosted by Railfuture Thames Valley branch
- Registration from 10:00, begins at 10:45 with speakers, AGM from 14:00, finishes by 17:00
- Iain Stewart, MP for Milton Keynes South, former Transport Select Committee member (talking about East West Rail)
- An additional speaker is being sought
- The AGM is open to all current members or their proxy - there is no fee to attend.
- Proxy votes can be registered between 01/03/2016 and 19/05/2016
- Motions must be received by the Company Secretary by 03/05/2016
- Refreshments are complimentary. Lunch, if required, must be purchased in advance [book].
2016/Scottish Borders [link]
- Hosted by Railfuture Scotland branch
- Begins at 10:45, registration from 10:00, finishes by 17:00
- David Spaven, Borders Rail Campaign
- Dr Ann Glen, Author and Lecturer (talking about The Rebuilding of the Borders Railway - A record of the workings along the line)
- David Parker, Leader, Scottish Borders Council (talking about Revitalisation of the Borders economy)
- TBC (talking about Speaker on High Speed Rail)
- TBC (talking about Speaker on Edinburgh to Glasgow (EGIP) electrification)
- TBC (talking about Focus on Fife - short presentations from two RUGS in Fife from very different areas, on their campaigns)
- Only the first two of the above speakers have confimed - others are still being identified
- Venue: Scottish Mining Museum
- Newtongrange, Midlothian
- Postcode: EH22 4QN
- For further details about the conference please email email@example.com.
- Places are still free to book - but bookings for this conference will close on 16/06/2016
- The 'Early Bird' discount offer for members only is still open but will end on 30/04/2016.
- Prices for Scottish Borders: [book]
- £20.00 - Early bird (members only)
- £25.00 - Members after 30th April
- £25.00 - Non-members
- £15.00 - 16-25 Railcard Holder
- Includes: Welcome refreshments and buffet lunch. This conference is being subsidised by Railfuture and is £5 cheaper than normal
- Click [HERE] to download a booking form (PDF format).
- Hosted by Railfuture West Midlands branch
- Begins at 10:45, registration from 10:00, finishes by 17:00
- Toby Rackcliff, Rail Development Manager, West Midlands Integrated Transport Authority
- Speakers are still being identified
- Venue: The Priory Rooms
- Quaker Meeting House, 40 Bull Street, Birmingham
- Postcode: B4 6AF
- Phone: (0121) 236 2317
- Places are still free to book - but bookings for this conference will close on 10/11/2016
- The 'Early Bird' discount offer for members only is still open but will end on 31/08/2016.
- Prices for Birmingham: [book]
- £25.00 - Early bird (members only)
- £30.00 - Members after 31st August
- £30.00 - Non-members
- £20.00 - 16-25 Railcard Holder
- Includes: Welcome refreshments and buffet lunch
Book Your Conference Place/AGM Lunch Now
A conference fee discount is available for group attendance (5+ people) - please contact by e-mail for price:
You do not have to be a member to attend a conference, but you can save money if you are. To become a member click
[HERE] to book the next conference and join Railfuture at the same time - you'll get a special discount
If bookings for the next conference have closed this will be for the conference after that.
(MEDIA: For a free 'press pass' please contact Bruce Williamson by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on 07759 557389).
Terms and Conditions
Before booking please make sure that you have read the Railfuture conference terms and conditions (PDF format).
- 07/11/2015 Rail Resurgence in the West of England
- Plus presentation of 2015 Rail User Group Awards - co-presented by Railfuture president Christian Wolmar
- Hosted by Railfuture Severnside branch
- Read a [Press Release] about the conference.
- Listen to a [Radio Interview] about the conference.
- Matthew Golton, Bid Director, Great Western Railway (talked about plans for the franchise Direct Award)
- James White, Transport and Rail Co-ordinator, West of England Local Enterprise Partnership (talked about the MetroWest project)
- James Freeman, FirstBus (talked about Bus/Rail integration)
- John Parry, Parry People Movers (talked about the intermediate mode - the gap between heavy rail and bus)
- Peter Wakefield, Chairman, East Anglia branch, Railfuture (talked about how a consistent voice can drive progress between councils, LEPs etc.)
- Gerard Duddridge, Chairman, Devon & Cornwall branch, Railfuture (talked about speed and resilience in the South West)
Past events for each year
Up to three national events are held each year. Click on the location to see the details.
Support Our National Campaigning - Join Railfuture
Annual Rates: £18 adults, £14 concessions
Page last changed on 24th November 2015.