Railfuture holds two national conferences each year, usually in the summer and autumn (in addition to its AGM for members). We aim only to cover our costs. The conferences are competitively priced, to be within rail users' price range, and are open to everyone. Railfuture members are usually offered a chance to attend at a discounted rate.
Speakers come from a variety of backgrounds. Some of the organisations who have spoken at conferences include Arriva Cross Country, Arriva Trains Wales, Association of Train Operating Companies, Cardiff International Airport, Centro, Chester-le-Track, Chiltern Railways, Delta Rail, East Midlands Trains, East West Rail Consortium, East Coast, Eurostar, First Capital Connect, First Great Western, First Transpennine Express, Grand Central, Hitachi Rail Europe, London Midland, London Overground Railway Operations, Merseytravel, MyTestTrack.com, Network Rail, Northern Rail, Nottingham Express Transit, South West Trains, TramPower, Transport Salaried Staffs' Association and Virgin Trains.
Click HERE to see a list events and speakers for each organisation.
To follow Railfuture's conferences on Twitter use the '#rfconference' hash tag.
- Date: To Be Confirmed
- Sorry but bookings are not being taken yet - please re-visit this web-site later.
2015/Blackpool (AGM) [link]
- 16/05/2015 RDS Ltd AGM
- Venue: Savoy Hotel
- Queens Promenade, Blackpool
- Postcode: FY2 9SJ
- Phone: (01253) 352561
- The AGM is open to all current members or their proxy.
- Refreshments are complimentary. Lunch, if required, must be purchased in advance [book].
- 01/11/2014 On Track for Success: The Challenges Ahead
- Plus presentation of 2014 Rail User Group Awards
- Baroness Kramer, Minister of State for Transport
- Unsure if can attend: if not will pre-record a video address for Railfuture conference
- Karen Boswell, Managing Director, East Coast
- Fiona Dolman, Head of Capacity Planning, Network Operations, Network Rail
- Anna Matthews, Chief Executive Officer, Delta Rail
- Sharon Hedges, Rail Passenger Manager, Passenger Focus
- Jenni Borg, Head of Smart and Integrated Ticketing, Department for Transport
- Stefanie Browne, News & Features Writer, RAIL Magazine
- Isabel Dedring, Deputy Mayor for Transport & Deputy Chair of Transport for London
- Will open conference via a pre-recorded video for Railfuture conference
- The above is the full line-up of confirmed speakers
- Venue: University of Westminster [map]
- Room: Large Lecture Theatre
- 115 New Cavendish Street, London
- Postcode: W1W 6UW
- Phone: (020) 7911 5000
- Places are still free to book - but bookings for this conference will close on 30/10/2014
- The 'Early Bird' offer for members ended on 31/08/2014 - all places now at the full price.
- Prices for London: [book]
- £35.00 - Members after 31st August
- £35.00 - Non-members
- £60.00 - 2 People
- Includes: Lunch and Conference Report
- Click [HERE] to download a booking form (PDF format).
Book Your Conference Place/AGM Lunch Now
Do you have a special offer code? If so, please enter it below and press the 'Show Offer' button.
A conference fee discount is available for groups - please contact by e-mail for price (see e-mail address above).
(MEDIA: For a free 'press pass' please contact Bruce Williamson by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on 07759 557389).
Terms and Conditions
Before booking please make sure that you have read the Railfuture conference terms and conditions (PDF format).
- 21/06/2014 Rail: The Engine For Change
- How a successful local economy and good rail service create a virtuous circle
- Railfuture is grateful for sponsorship from Gonville Hotel Cambridge
- See [Press Release] about the conference.
- David Statham, Managing Director, First Capital Connect (talked about implementation of Thameslink and its importance to high-tech Cambs)
- Paul McMahon, Director of Freight, Network Rail (talked about F2N and strategic rail freight network in general)
- Bob Menzies, Service Director Strategy and Development, Cambridgeshire County Council (talked about Cambridge Science Park station and its innovative funding)
- Jeremy Smith, Transport and Infrastructure Strategy Manager, Cambridgeshire County Council (talked about Cambridgeshire transport strategy for growth)
- Chris Starkie, Managing Director, New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership (talked about Putting together the East Anglia Railway Prospectus)
- George Freeman, MP for Mid-Norfolk (talked about High-tech industries in the region and Cambridge in particular and the importance of the railway to it)
- Jim Chisholm, Cambridge Cycling Campaign (talked about Cycling and Walking to stations, why the utter reliability of trip time makes it quicker than driving)
- Welcome by Councillor Gerri Bird, The Right Worshipful the Mayor of the City of Cambridge
- Read profiles of the speakers (PDF format)
Click HERE to see a full list of past events
Support Our National Campaigning - Join Railfuture
Annual Rates: £18 adults, £14 concessions
Page last changed on 11th September 2014.