Railfuture holds two national conferences each year, usually in the summer and autumn (in addition to its AGM for members). We aim only to cover our costs. The conferences are competitively priced, to be within rail users' price range, and are open to everyone. Railfuture members are usually offered a chance to attend at a discounted rate.
Speakers come from a variety of backgrounds. Some of the organisations who have spoken at conferences include Arriva Cross Country, Arriva Trains Wales, Association of Train Operating Companies, Cardiff International Airport, Centro, Chester-le-Track, Chiltern Railways, Delta Rail, East Midlands Trains, East West Rail Consortium, East Coast, Eurostar, First Capital Connect, First Great Western, First Transpennine Express, Grand Central, Hitachi Rail Europe, HS2, London Midland, London Overground Railway Operations, Merseytravel, MyTestTrack.com, Network Rail, Northern Rail, Nottingham Express Transit, Parry People Movers, South West Trains, TramPower, Transport Salaried Staffs' Association, Virgin Trains and Virgin Trains East Coast.
Click HERE to see a list events and speakers for each organisation.
To follow Railfuture's conferences on Twitter use the '#rfconference' hash-tag.
Note: this hash-tag is not exclusive to Railfuture.
- 07/11/2015 Rail Resurgence in the West of England
- Plus presentation of 2015 Rail User Group Awards - co-presented by Railfuture president Christian Wolmar
- Hosted by Railfuture Severnside branch
- Begins at 10:45, registration from 10:00, finishes by 17:00
- Matthew Golton, Bid Director, First Great Western (talking about plans for the franchise extension)
- James White, Transport and Rail Co-ordinator, West of England Local Enterprise Partnership (talking about the MetroWest project)
- James Freeman, FirstBus (talking about Bus/Rail integration)
- Charlotte Leslie MP, Bristol North West constituency (talking about local campaigns including the Henbury loop)
- John Parry, Parry People Movers (talking about the intermediate mode - the gap between heavy rail and bus)
- Peter Wakefield, Chairman, East Anglia branch, Railfuture (talking about how a consistent voice can drive progress between councils, LEPs etc.)
- Gerard Duddridge, Chairman, Devon & Cornwall branch, Railfuture (talking about speed and resilience in the South West)
- The Mayor of Bristol, George Ferguson, has also been invited but has not confirmed yet
- Click [HERE] to download the programme, including map (PDF format).
- Venue: Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel and Spa
- Redcliff Hill, Bristol
- Postcode: BS1 6SQ
- Phone: (01179) 689900
- Email: H6698@Accor.com
- Route: It's a short walk from Bristol Temple Meads station
- For further details about the conference please email email@example.com.
- Places are still free to book - but bookings for this conference will close on 05/11/2015
- The 'Early Bird' offer for members ended on 31/08/2015 - all places now at the full price.
- Prices for Bristol: [book]
- £30.00 - Members after 31st August
- £30.00 - Non-members
- £20.00 - 16-25 Railcard Holder
- £55.00 - 2 People
- Includes: Welcome refreshments and buffet lunch
- Click [HERE] to download a booking form (PDF format).
2016/Scottish Borders [link]
- Hosted by Railfuture Railfuture Scotland branch
- Begins at 10:45, registration from 10:00, finishes by 17:00
- Venue: Scottish Mining Museum
- Newtongrange, Midlothian
- Postcode: EH22 4QN
- Places are still free to book - but bookings for this conference will close on 16/06/2016
- The 'Early Bird' discount offer for members only is still open but will end on 30/04/2016.
- Prices for Scottish Borders: [book]
- £20.00 - Early bird (members only)
- £25.00 - Members after 30th April
- £25.00 - Non-members
- £15.00 - 16-25 Railcard Holder
- Includes: Welcome refreshments and buffet lunch. This conference is being subsidised by Railfuture and is £5 cheaper than normal
Additional Railfuture National Conferences - Dates for your diary
- 12/11/2016 - The Priory Rooms, Quaker Meeting House, 40 Bull Street, Birmingham
Book Your Conference Place/AGM Lunch Now
Do you have a special offer code? If so, please enter it below and press the 'Show Offer' button.
A conference fee discount is available for groups - please contact by e-mail for price:
You do not have to be a member to attend a conference, but you can save money if you are. To become a member click
[HERE] to book the next conference and join Railfuture at the same time - you'll get a special discount
If bookings for the next conference have closed this will be for the conference after that.
(MEDIA: For a free 'press pass' please contact Bruce Williamson by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on 07759 557389).
Terms and Conditions
Before booking please make sure that you have read the Railfuture conference terms and conditions (PDF format).
- 20/06/2015 Enhancing capacity in the East Midlands
- Jointly hosted by Railfuture East Midlands and Lincolnshire branches
- David Horne, Managing Director, Virgin Trains East Coast (talked about 'The future starts now')
- Andy Castledine, Head of Operations and Performance, Rail business and development, Stagecoach Rail (talked about 'Who are we and what do we do?')
- Graham Botham, Principal Strategic Planner (LNE and EM), Network Rail (talked about East Coast capacity enhancements)
- Roger Blaney, Chairman, Newark and Sherwood District Council (talked about Castle line enhanced timetable)
- Steve Barber, Broxtowe Borough Council (talked about NET2 Nottingham Tramway Extension)
- He was awarded Campaigner of the year for his success in gaining government approval for NET2
- Tom Ingall, Great Central Railway (talked about 'Bridging the gap' reunification project at Loughborough)
- Bob Poynter, Former BR Operations Manager now transport advisor to Newark Business Club (talked about Increasing rail services and frequencies in Nottinghamshire)
- Welcome by Councillor Robert and Mrs Rita Crowe, the Mayor and Mayoress of Newark
Past events for each year
Up to three national events are held each year. Click on the location to see the details.
Support Our National Campaigning - Join Railfuture
Annual Rates: £18 adults, £14 concessions
Page last changed on 5th October 2015.