Railfuture holds two national conferences each year, usually in the summer and autumn (in addition to its AGM for members). We aim only to cover our costs. The conferences are competitively priced, to be within rail users' price range, and are open to everyone. Railfuture members are usually offered a chance to attend at a discounted rate.
Speakers come from a variety of backgrounds. Some of the organisations who have spoken at conferences include Arriva Cross Country, Arriva Trains Wales, Association of Train Operating Companies, Cardiff International Airport, Centro, Chester-le-Track, Chiltern Railways, Delta Rail, East Midlands Trains, East West Rail Consortium, East Coast, Eurostar, First Capital Connect, First Great Western, First Transpennine Express, Grand Central, Great Western Railway, Greater Anglia, Hitachi Rail Europe, HS2, London Midland, London Overground Railway Operations, Merseytravel, MyTestTrack.com, Network Rail, Northern Rail, Northern (Arriva Rail North), Nottingham Express Transit, Parry People Movers, South West Trains, Thameslink and Great Northern, Transpennine Express, TramPower, Transport Salaried Staffs' Association, Virgin Trains, Virgin Trains East Coast and Vivarail.
Click HERE to see a list events and speakers for each organisation.
To follow Railfuture's conferences on Twitter use the '#rfconference' hash-tag.
Note: this hash-tag is not exclusive to Railfuture.
Click HERE For a list of rail-related events including free-to-attend Railfuture branch meetings
2017/Peterborough (AGM) [link]
- 20/05/2017 13th RDS Ltd AGM
- Hosted by Railfuture East Anglia branch
- Reason for Peterborough: Thameslink Programme and Greater Anglia franchise
- Registration from 10:00, begins at 10:45 with speakers, AGM from 14:00, finishes by 17:00
- Jamie Burles, Managing Director, Greater Anglia
- Phil Hutchinson, Head of Timetable Development, Thameslink and Great Northern
- The Deputy Mayor and Mayoress of Peterborough have agreed to attend and will formally open the AGM
- Both Jamie Burles and Phil Hutchinson are confirmed
- Venue: Peterborough Central Library
- Room: John Clare Theatre
- 36-40 Broadway, Peterborough
- Postcode: PE1 1RX
- Phone: (01733) 864169
- Email: enquiries at vivacity-peterborough.com
- The John Clare Theatre is on the first floor of the Central Library building and seats 142 people. It is fully accessible
- The AGM is open to all current members or their proxy - there is no fee to attend.
- The deadline for completing AGM paperwork to go in the standard mailing with Railwatch is 28/02/2017.
- Proxy votes can be registered between 09/03/2017 and 18/05/2017
- Motions must be received by the Company Secretary by 06/05/2017
- Information about how Railfuture is run, including a copy of the Articles of Association, can be found at Railfuture+organisation.
- Refreshments are complimentary. Lunch, if required, must be purchased in advance [book].
- Alternative places for lunch: There will be plenty of places to buy lunch within 15 minutes' walk.
- The venue does not allow people to eat their own food on the premises.
- Lunch Prices for Peterborough AGM: [book]
- £9.50 - Standard Lunch
- Hosted by Railfuture Yorkshire branch
- Begins at 10:45, registration from 10:00, finishes by 17:00
- Chris Nutton, Major Projects Director, Transpennine Express
- Paul Barnfield, Regional Director, Northern (Arriva Rail North)
- Jordan Sargent, Transport User Executive (Northern/TransPennine), Transport Focus
- Catherine Huddleston, Community Rail Partnership Officer, Leeds-Lancaster-Morecambe Community Rail Partnership (LLMCRP)
- The Mayor of Leeds has agreed to formally open the conference but as the Mayor willl change this cannot be confirmed until May.
- Speakers are still being sought
- Venue: Carriageworks Theatre
- The Electric Press, 3 Millennium Square, Leeds
- Postcode: LS2 3AD
- Phone: (0113) 224 3801
- For further details about the conference please email leeds2017 at railfuture.org.uk.
- Places are still free to book - but bookings for this conference will close on 15/06/2017
- The 'Early Bird' discount offer for members only is still open but will end on 30/04/2017.
- Prices for Leeds: [book]
- £25.00 - Early bird (members only)
- £30.00 - Members after 30th April
- £30.00 - Non-members
- £20.00 - 16-25 Railcard Holder
- Hosted by Railfuture East Midlands branch
- Venue: The Curve
- 60 Rutland St, Leicester
- Postcode: LE1 1SB
- Phone: (0116) 242 3560
- The Curve is just five minutes' walk from Leicester railway station and 10 minutes' walk from Leicester bus station. It is fully accessible
- For further details about the conference please email leicester2017 at railfuture.org.uk.
- Places are still free to book - but bookings for this conference will close on
- There is no 'Early Bird' discount offer for this conference.
- Prices for Leicester: [book]
- £30.00 - Members after 31st August
- £30.00 - Non-members
- £20.00 - 16-25 Railcard Holder
- £55.00 - 2 People
Book Your Conference Place/AGM Lunch Now
You do not have to be a member to attend a conference, but you can save money if you are. To become a member click
[HERE] to book the next conference and join Railfuture at the same time - you'll get a special discount
If bookings for the next conference have closed this will be for the conference after that.
(MEDIA: For a free 'press pass' please contact Bruce Williamson by e-mailing media at railfuture.org.uk or phone on 07759 557389).
Terms and Conditions
Before booking please make sure that you have read the Railfuture conference terms and conditions (PDF format).
- 12/11/2016 Heart of the railway - how West Midlands will lead the way to the future
- Plus presentation of 2015 Rail User Group Awards
- Reason for Birmingham: Completion of Birmingham New Street modernisation and Midland Metro extensions
- Hosted by Railfuture West Midlands branch
- Toby Rackcliff, Rail Policy and Strategy Manager, West Midlands Combined Authority (talked about Driving Improvement in the next West Midlands Franchise)
- Maria Machancoses, Programme Director, Midlands Connect (talked about Powering the Midlands Engine)
- Lord Berkeley, Chairman, Rail Freight Group (talked about Challenges in a devolved rail sector, capacity, investment and access issues)
- Alice Gillman, Communications, Vivarail (talked about The Class 230 - a new train for a new franchise)
- Stephen Joseph, Executive Director, Campaign for Better Transport (talked about Priorities for the Railways, a CBT perspective)
- Professor Clive Roberts, University of Birmingham (talked about The digital age of railways)
- The conference was opened by Councillor Carl Rice, Lord Mayor of Birmingham
Past events for each year
Up to three national events are held each year. Click on the location to see the details.
Support Our National Campaigning - Join Railfuture
Annual Rates: £18 adults, £14 concessions
Page last changed on 19th January 2017.