The Yorkshire Branch covers the county of Yorkshire.
Yorkshire rail user groups
There are more than 20 rail user groups in the county. For Railfuture's Regional List of Rail User Groups including contact details, click here. The Regional List can be downloaded in PDF format.
These groups have also been identified...
Kirkgate Station, Friends of (Wakefield)
Sheffield-Leeds 'Stop the Train'
Yorkshire is on Twitter
Railfuture Yorkshire branch publishes its Yorkshire Rail Campaigner four times a year.
Vice-chairman is Chris Hyomes -
12 Monument Lane Pontefract West Yorkshire WF8 2BE.
The following meetings and events (mainly local, but some national ones) were listed in Yorkshire Rail Campaigner:
- 17 September 2014, Wednesday, Railfuture North East meets at the Brunswick Methodist Church, Brunswick Place, Newcastle from 19:00. Talk about French light rail systems in the 21st century.
- 20 September 2014, Saturday @ 14:00, Yorkshire Branch meeting at Sheffield Friends’ Meeting House. Pete Myers will be giving a talk. Please see the attached flyer for more details.
- 29 September 2014 The Campaign for Better Transport Rail Group meets in the Grove Pub next to the big tower, Bridgewater Place, in Leeds @ 19:15 hours. Contact the editor for more details.
- 1 November 2014, Saturday, Railfuture Autumn conference, Rail Users’ & Rail User Group awards @ the University of Westminster, London.
- 15 November 2014, Saturday, Railfuture North West meets at the Waldorf pub, Manchester, from 1300 (lunch from 12 noon)
- 24 November 2014 The Campaign for Better Transport Rail Group meets in the Grove Pub next to the big tower, Bridgewater Place, in Leeds @ 19:15 hours. Contact the editor for more details.
- 31 January 2015 Railfuture Yorkshire Branch Annual General Meeting in York 14:00 to 16:00 hours.
- 16 May 2015 Railfuture National Annual General Meeting in Blackpool
See Events and key dates for rail campaigners across Britain.
Join Railfuture Yorkshire
Why not join Railfuture Yorkshire in pressing for improved rail services? Please contact: Paul Colbeck, Branch Membership Secretary, 14 St Giles'Way, Copmanthorpe, York, YO23 3XT Paul Colbeck
Railfuture - The independent campaign for a better passenger and freight rail network
We need you - Join us!
Please go to the Join page to become a member of Railfuture.
Railfuture is the campaigning name for the Railway Development Society Ltd, a company limited by guarantee. Registered in England and Wales No 5011634.
Registered office: 24 Chedworth Place, Tattingstone, Suffolk IP9 2ND.